On 7 and 8 March, the European Umbrella Organisation for Geographic Information, EUROGI, will hold its imaGIne Opportunities Everywhere conference. The conference will explore the opportunities available in existing Geographic Information and geotechnologies for addressing economic growth, governance and environmental issues. The conference will also focus on trends which will shape the future GI environment and the opportunities inherent in the near to mid-term future.
The European Commission’s Joint Research Centre, in cooperation with Directorate General Informatics, organizes a session on the evolving European Union Location Framework and the Directorate General Communications Networks, Content and Technology (DG CONNECT) will explore issues associated with the Digital Agenda for Europe.
Keynote speakers include:
- Mr. Phil Hogan TD, Minister of Environment, Community and Local Government
- Geraldine McBride, former President, SAP North America
- Prof Mike Goodchild, Professor of Geography at the University of California, Santa Barbara
- Ed Parsons, Geospatial Technologist at Google Inc.
- Prof Jacqueline McGlade, Executive Director of the European Environment Agency.
The conference is one of three events that are organized in Dublin from 4-8 March:
- Monday 4 – Wednesday 6 March 2013 – first Eye on Earth User Conference (EEA)
- Wednesday 6 March 2013 – ENVIROFI FP7 Project – Envirofi Day conference and demonstrations (JRC)
- Thursday 7 + Friday 8 March 2013 – imaGIne Opportunities Everywhere – Conference (EUROGI)
For more details please visit the website: eurogi.org/2013-dublin-conferences.html
Note that Compass Informatics will be attending all three events.